Monday, July 10, 2017

July 10th, 2017. That is about as creative as it gets today.

First things first.... Sorry for not writing you all last week. We got to the internet cafe late, the time flew by, and we had a lesson to get to. I was trying to respond to a few other emails that I had, and before I knew it we had to leave to arrive to the lesson on time. They werent actually home hahah but we made the effort. 

But last week was pretty good, I was able to go on divisions with one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Marin, and honestly I had a blast. He is such a great example to all of us and really is a great leader. It was my second time going to that area in divisions, and the first time I went there, about 3 months ago, we went with a sister of the ward, Hermana Mayorga, in the morning and she made us a huge breakfast with pancakes and nutella and bananas and strawberries and a bunch of stuff.  She is an older lady but we got along really great and she treats the missionaries so well and gives them rides to get to where they are going and things like that. 

The Elders in that ward always had told me.. "Elder Poll la hermana Mayorga never stops talking about you, she keeps saying that she is going to tell President Owen to send you to Parajes to be in her ward because she loves you so much," but I didnt really believe them. And when we did divisions two weeks ago, she came and picked us up and the first thing she told me was "I was going to lie and tell the Elders that I couldnt help them today, but when they told me that Elder Poll was coming back to Parajes for the day, I had to come help," 

When we got to the area she took us straight to her house and told me that I could grab whatever I wanted and that she wasnt going to let us leave to start working until Elder Poll was satisfied haha, so we ate a little lunch with her the first day of divisions, and she told us that we had to go back in the morning for another breakfast.

The next morning when we got to her house she had already made eggs and ham, another mexican dish called "chilaquiles," and was starting with the pancakes hahah. We smothered the pancakes in nutella, syrup, strawberries, bananas, powdered sugar.. you name it, she had it for us haha. We ate so much food and she took such good care of us. It was something that I really needed. I thought it was so funny that after only a couple of times going with her, she was so kind to me and took such good care of us. I thought I would write about this experience just so that a few of you worriers... like my dad hahah... would know that there are wonderful members here that are taking care of us.

On the 4th of July I climbed up on top of my house and was able to spot a few flashed of fireworks in distant El Paso. And of course I threw on the red white and blue combo.. I will try and send the pictures.

Anyway, the work is going pretty well, we have been finding lots of new people, but not many have accepted our invitations or kept their commitments. It is kind of tough right now, my life consists of walking laps around the same streets that I have walked for the last 6 months in the 105 degree weather, with a little rag to wipe the sweat and dirt off of my face. But with the hope that is mentioned in Ether 12 verse 4, 
"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." 

God is real and blesses us when we glorify Him through our good works. With that knowledge we will have the hope, faith, and strength to overcome every challenge that we face in this life.

Love you all and hope that you have a great and safe week!
Con mucho amor
Elder Cade Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment