Monday, July 31, 2017

Adiós, Aeropuerto... Hola, Alamedas!

After 6 months here in Aeropuerto and almost a year in Ciudad Juarez, my time has come and I am getting transfered to the Mormon Colonies of Nuevo Casas Grandes. 

I am going to be serving in the Colonia Dublán Zone/Stake and will be in the Alamedas Area/Ward. A weird coincidence that I have noticed is that all 3 of my areas start with A... Azteca, Aeropuerto, Alamedas. I am sure it means nothing, but it is a neat pattern haha. 

I am super excited to serve in Casas Grandes for a while, but will definitely miss Juárez. I have met so many people and made so many friends here that I will miss them a ton, and it is even worse because 17 missionaries are going home and only 2 are going to arrive, so they had to close a lot of areas where there are 4 missionaries- which means they are closing my current area of Aeropuerto 2, and the 2 Elders that are in the other half of the area will have to be in charge of this half of the ward, too- which will be tough because it is a big area. 

It is really hard saying goodbye to everyone here and it is going to be a hard night telling them all goodbye, but that's how the mission is... the greatest thing you will ever do, but the hardest thing you will ever do. I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Even though I am sad to leave, I am muy muy muy excited for this new stage in my missionary service. My companion is going to be el Elder Rios, and I am going to be the district leader again. 

Elder Rios is from my same generation of missionaries and is really cool, we played a bunch of cage soccer together in the MTC haha. He is from Veracruz Mexico and is an awesome Elder. We are going to have a blast working our tails off!


Thank you all so much for your love, support and prayers. I am doing great and the work is marching on.

I found this little corner store when I did divisions this week when I did divisions with my district... shout out to my hermanita.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Cade Jason Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment